There’s probably nothing better than going out with friends and loved ones, cooking supper over an open fire and sleeping under the stars. Sometimes you just need to go far away from the lights and noise.
But let’s be honest
Being in nature is about leaving behind the comforts you usually have at home. For instance, there are few places to sit outdoors. Sitting on the ground is fine, but you’d prefer to pull a camping chair for more outdoor comfort if you are like me.
However, it’s not always easy to find the perfect heavy duty camping chair. You need a heavy duty camping chair that can offer adequate support and is long-lasting. We have you covered in this guide. You can finally find a chair that allows you to sit comfortably, open a can of beer and enjoy what this beautiful nature has to offer.
Below are our top picks.
Heavy Duty Camping Chairs Comparison
Alps Kong Mountaineering Chair
As the name suggests, sitting on this chair will make you feel like a king, featuring a robust build with a reinforced frame and lots of comforts. It’s available in four colors, so it’s possible to choose one that blends with the rest of your camping gear or stand out and make a statement.
The steel frame is ideal for heavy-duty use because it combines powder-coated with 600D polyester fabric. The armrests offer unmatched stability because you can adjust to your liking, and they have a cup holder for convenience.
The Alps mountaineering chair can support about 800 pounds, so you no longer have to worry about weight. Besides, it folds down easily and comes with a shoulder carry bag for storage and easy transport. The chair weighs about 13 pounds, so it should be fairly easy to transport.
Alps Outdoor Heavy Duty Chair
Here’s yet another strong chair that can endure up to 800 kgs. It’s among the best heavy duty camping chairs for the big and tall guys. In fact, people under 5’4 may have trouble touching the ground. A nice feature of this chair is the adjustable armrests, so it’s possible to set a comfortable height that will fit your needs.
Another nifty feature is the cup holders where you can place your cups and small bottles. A storage pocket allows you to keep small items like phones, sunglasses, magazines, iPad, and other items. There’s even a handy mesh pocket on the back for wet stuff.
There aren’t many color choices for this chair, but many users say its durability is unmatched. It’s constructed using a durable powder-coated steel frame and a 600D polyester fabric. As with other premium camping chairs, the ALPS Heavy Duty Chair comes with a convenient carrying bag for easy transport and storage.
Alpha Camp Oversized Camping Folding Chair
We have also added Alpha camp oversized camping folding chair to this list of the best camping chairs for heavy people in 2022. The Alpha chair can hold up to 204 kgs of weight, ideal for most people. It offers a large seat area with a durable padded fabric that ensures comfort. Even the armrests are padded. The powder coating on the heavy-duty steel frame ensures its durability.
Added features of the Alpha camp chair include the durable mesh cup holder and the adjustable armrests that enhance the experience. You also have side pockets for storing small items. It’s easy to carry this chair anywhere when you collapse it down and use the carry bag.
Pacific Pass Full Back Camping Chair
Pacific Pass full-back outdoor chair is a lightweight foldable chair that also features a carrying bag for easy storage. It’s made of 100% polyester fabric that’s lightweight and strong to withstand long-term use. The chair has a 16mm frame that’s powder-coated to prevent rusting, and it can support up to 300 pounds.
The company relies on a scientific structural design that makes this chair comfortable to relax in with full back support.
ALPS Mountaineering Chair
ALPS is offering the mountaineering chair that’s made of 600D polyester fabric that is not only comfortable but also strong enough for the heavy guys. It has a lightweight aluminum frame that’s sturdy to provide much-needed support and stability.
The armrests have comfortable curbed padding, and the back is extra tall to provide well-situated back support. You also get a dedicated cup holder and a detachable back frame for compact storage during transportation. This portable chair has a discrete-looking fabric with a cactus green color that doesn’t fade away even when exposed to the elements.
Amazon Basics Folding Camping Chair
Amazon Basics offers a folding camping chair with a cushioned back and seat for total comfort. The chair has a pouch for cooling beverages that can hold up to 12-ounce cans, and it hangs from the armrest for quick access.
Amazon Basics also equips the chair with a cup holder and side pocket for storing your items. The heavy-duty stainless-steel frame provides a compact and reliable design that can support up to 225 pounds. Amazon also includes a free carry bag with the package to store the folded-up camping chair and a shoulder strap.
What features should you look for when buying a heavy-duty camping chair
- Weight capacity – one of the most important considerations is how much weight a chair can accommodate. All chairs in this guide can accommodate between 300 lbs. all the way to 800 lbs. choose a chair that can hold more than your weight to prevent damaging the frame. The more it can hold, the better.
- Frame strength – Most heavy duty camping chairs feature a durable steel frame and maybe powdered for added strength. Steel is also less expensive.
- Comfort – you also need to consider the comfort level. Just because a chair can hold you, it doesn’t mean it shouldn’t offer comfort. Check the back support, whether it has a footrest. Also, look for places you can store your belongings like keys, phone and wallet.
- Sturdy fabric – you also need to know the type of fabric used on the frame. Most products on this guide feature a polyester fabric with a steel frame.
- Portability – if you want to use the chair for a long trip, you need to consider how portable it is. Does it fold up? Is it light enough? Consider whether it comes with a shoulder carry bag.
- Seat height and width – most people do not consider the height of the seat and width, whereas this is where comfort is. Getting a seat that’s too high can leave your legs hanging down and exert more pressure on the thighs. On the other side, if the seat is too low, it becomes uncomfortable when you want to extend the legs. Also, a seat that’s too narrow can affect comfort.
- Price – a camping chair should not be too pricey, but you need to get good value in return. The chairs we’ve included in this list are not the cheapest but will save you from future repairs. Additionally, check if the manufacturer provides a warranty if there are defects.
Heavy duty camping chairs offer extra weight capacity, strength and comfort. The choices in this list are sturdier and heavier than regular chairs, but they are worth it. We understand how tough it is to find trustworthy gears, which is why we are here.
We hope this guide helps.