One of the reasons many people do not consider buying a treadmill is due to having limited workout space. Luckily, today, there are compact treadmills that can fit in limited space in apartments or small condos.
Compact treadmills are not only portable but also quite affordable making it easier for you to move them around and store them.
We have put together a guide to help you buy best treadmill for small spaces since there are hundreds of brands in this market.
Before we reveal the four products that made it to our list of best treadmill for small spaces, let’s first tell you the criteria we used to analyze the products.
Best Treadmills for Small Spaces Comparison
Factors That We Considered When Analyzing Compact Treadmills
To make our list, we considered the following factors:
- Dimensions when assembled and folded. A lot of people complain the treadmills they just ordered is too big, which is why we had to check the measurements of each treadmill to ensure it fits the description ‘compact.’
- Construction: The market is flooded with cheap treadmills, which in most cases are weak and not worth the money. You don’t want to purchase a treadmill that will fall apart within a short time. All the four treadmills that made it to our list are durably constructed
- Range of features: In addition to durability, we also looked into the features of the treadmills such as fans, easy controls, workout data, integrated workout programs, etc.
- Belt length: You have to find a good balance between the treadmill belt and the size of the treadmill. A larger belt gives you more room for workout. The treadmills in this list are comfortable for anyone under 6’ tall.
With that in mind, let’s now review the four best treadmills for small spaces.
Four Best Treadmills for Small Spaces
NordicTrack T Series 6.5 Si Treadmill
- Easy controls on the touchscreen.
- The treadmill is budget-froendly.
- It is easy to fold and unfold.
- Ample belt area for comfort during runs.
- Free iFit Coach for a year.
- It’s lighter.
- Doesn’t have an inbuilt fan.
- No chest strap.
If you have a tight budget for buying a treadmill, the T 6.5 Series Si from NordicTrack is for you. It’s compact with streamlined dimensions – 67.5” long, 36” wide, and 73” tall.
In folded position, the machine measures 36.8” deep, 36” wide, and 79.5” tall. The belt is 55” long and 20” wide, giving you enough legroom to make comfortable runs. Even better, this compact treadmill can safely accommodate people of up to 300lbs.
It features a responsive 10-inch touchscreen to help you control the speed, incline, volume, and fan speed. There are free iFit programs included for the first year. iFit has thousands of classes for HIIT, combo, hiking, running, etc.
Horizon Fitness T101 Treadmill
- It’s quiet and compact.
- It’s simple to operate.
- Comes with preloaded programs to help with workout.
- Supports up to 300lbs of weight.
- Has heart rate sensors.
- The console features a built-in fan and Bluetooth speakers.
- The 3.0 HP motor makes it unsuitable for long distance or fast running.
- It’s not as feature-rich as comparable treadmills.
Horizon T101 is another budget-friendly option you can consider. It’s lightweight and sturdy and has an open dimensions of 34” wide, 70” long, and 55” high.
When folded, it collapses to 34” wide, 46” long, and 61” high making it easier to store your treadmill. The Horizon T101 features a 2.5HP motor making it good for some light jogging and walking.
It features a belt 50” long and 20” wide, which means you’ll have ample space for running. We love the fact that this treadmill can support up to 300 pounds, which is impressive capacity on a compact treadmill.
Functionally, the Horizon T101 offers great training options with its top speed being 10mph. It also inclines up to 10% and has several programs such as Distance, Manual, Weight Loss, and Calorie Burn.
Sunny Health and Fitness SF-T1407M Treadmill
- Pretty compact.
- Folds down against the deck.
- Has non-slip running space and foam handlebars.
- LCD console to help you track your progress.
- Easy to assemble.
- Cannot support fast runs.
- It’s a manual treadmill, which means you have to run to keep the belt moving.
Compact and ergonomic – two words to describe this durable treadmill. The SF-T1407MT measures 49 by 23 by 50 inches making it ideal for small workout spaces.
Sunny Fitness capped the speed at 8km/hour, which is more than enough for light jogs and walking. On the downside, this may not be great for those who want to run fast.
The treadmill comes with a basic LCD console to enable you track your progress. You will also be able to see the speed, time, steps taken, and number of calories burned.
It is battery powered, which is great as you are not limited to an electric outlet, but this manual treadmill is suitable for light jogs and gentle exercises.
XTERRA Fitness TR150 Treadmill
- Compact design.
- Adjustable incline.
- 12-inbuilt workout programs.
- Maximum speed of up to 10mph.
- Cushion deck to absorb impact.
- Lacks a cooling fan.
- Running track is not wide enough.
The XTERRA Fitness TR150 is a folding treadmill that is available for a low price. The treadmill will suit beginners and intermediate level exercise as it’s powered by a 2.25hp motor capable of hitting a maximum speed of 10mph.
It can handle a user weight capacity of up to 250lbs and has a running track measuring 50 inches length and 16 inches wide.
Additionally, it features a large LCD monitor that shows running stats including your heart rate, distance, speed, and calories burned.
There are also twelve pre-set programs built into its console to provide a wide variety of professionally-designed workouts.
Despite being a budget treadmill, this machine is durably made with its solid frame being made using tempered plastic moldings.
All the above four best treadmills for small spaces are durable and will fit in your apartment. From our reviews, you can easily spot the best treadmill for your needs.
Use our simple buyer’s guide can help you choose the right one for your needs.